When you need a new roof for your business that will last against severe weather, trust the team that has installed over 20 million square feet of roofing materials, Roof Crafters. Whether your renovating, starting from the ground up, or it’s been 20 years since your last roof, we’re here for you when you need skilled roof installation services in Reno. Investing in a reliable roof is critical to ensure your business is protected from the elements for decades to come.
Ready to get started? You can reach us at (775) 514-8846 or fill out our online contact form to speak to a member of our team today.
Signs You Need a New Roof
Identifying when it's time for a new roof is crucial for safeguarding your home's structural integrity. Here are key indicators that may signal the need for a roof replacement:
- Age of the Roof: Most roofs typically last 20 to 25 years, depending on the materials used. If your roof is nearing or surpassing this age range, it's prudent to consider a replacement, even in the absence of visible issues.
- Missing or Damaged Shingles: Check for any missing, cracked, curled, or broken shingles. Such damage exposes the underlying structure to potential water damage and decay.
- Leaks or Water Stains: Water stains on ceilings or walls, or signs of water infiltration in the attic, suggest potential roof leaks that require prompt attention to prevent further deterioration.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A visibly sagging roof deck, whether seen from the ground or in the attic, indicates structural issues that necessitate immediate intervention.
- Granules in Gutters: Accumulated granules from asphalt shingles in gutters may indicate advanced wear and aging of the roof, warranting inspection, and possible replacement.
- Light Penetration: If daylight is visible through the roof boards in the attic, it signifies gaps or holes that need addressing to maintain the roof's integrity.
- Moss or Algae Growth: While not necessarily indicative of immediate replacement needs, moss or algae growth can signal excessive moisture retention, which can contribute to roof deterioration over time.
- Curling or Buckling Shingles: Shingles curling at the edges or buckling in the middle indicate weathering and potential roof degradation, requiring assessment for replacement.
- Increased Energy Costs: A deteriorating or poorly insulated roof can lead to higher energy bills as heating and cooling systems compensate for heat loss or gain.
- Visible Damage: Visible signs of damage such as rotting, decay, or mold growth on the roof surface necessitate inspection and possible replacement.
If any of these signs are present, consulting with a professional roofing contractor is advisable to assess the roof's condition accurately and determine the need for replacement. Regular inspections and maintenance can also help prolong the roof's lifespan and prevent costly damage.
TPO vs. SPF Roofing
Many commercial spaces choose flat roofs when considering what roofing system you’ll use to cover your business. Though various materials can be used to protect a low-pitched roof, we specialize in single-ply TPO and spray foam (SPF) roofing.
Benefits of thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) membranes include:
- Lower energy costs
- 30-year lifespan
TPO membranes come in a wide array of sizes and colors to match your roof to your brand for a cohesive exterior. This potential statement piece is also functional with significant energy efficiency to increase comfort and reduce heating and cooling costs. If you’re trying to reduce the environmental impact of your commercial space, TPO is made of recycled materials and lasts up to 30 years to keep materials out of landfills.
Similarly, SPF roofing has these advantages:
- Extends roof’s lifespan
- Improves insulation
- Seals & protects
- Prevents roof replacement
If you’re looking for a solution that doesn’t require tearing off old roofing materials to replace them with a new setup, consider spray foam or SPF roofing. This material can be added to your existing roof to seal and protect any delaminated or cracked areas from water intrusion. This secondary layer of insulation further decreases heating and cooling costs while preventing the need for a complete roof replacement. SPF roofing may extend the lifespan of your roof by up to 20 years.
If you’re unsure which roofing option is best when you need skilled roof installation services in Reno, don’t hesitate to reach out to Roofs Crafters for more information. We’re your top-of-the-line commercial flat roof specialists.
$3 Million Bid Limit
20 Million Square Feet Installed
46+ Years in Business
Flat Roof Specialists
You may be interested in updated roofing materials but need help deciding which questions to ask or how to begin the process. Below we’ve answered some frequently asked questions about our flat roofing options.
Will the roof hold up to severe weather?
TPO and SPF roofing are known for their durability in withstanding severe storms. However, any roofing system can experience damage caused by the weather, so we recommend scheduling a free inspection to ensure there are no problems after a significant storm.
How much does it cost?
The exact cost of your roof can be determined with our free estimate and inspection. However, on average, TPO roofing costs about $8 per square foot. That said, other costs are associated with our expert roof installation services in Reno, like tear-off requirements. SPF roofing tends to be more cost-effective as it doesn’t require tear-off, with an average price of $6 a square foot.
Are the roofing materials eco-friendly?
TPO and SPF roofing is environmentally friendly and can help your business reduce its carbon footprint by reducing the need for HVAC to keep your customers cool and using recycled materials that are low in harmful VOCs.
Don’t hesitate to call (775) 514-8846 if you have any questions about our high quality roofing systems.
Roof Crafters far exceeded my expectations for a professional company that followed through with every step of the process.Brett Binneweg
Tahoe City Apartments
I was very impressed with Roof Crafters! Great crew! I would highly recommend them.Pam Anderson
Brian and the rest of the Roof Crafters crew have been an absolute pleasure to work with.Eric Delgadillo
State Farm Insurance
We want to thank the entire team for protecting our business and for a job well done.Monte Craig
Roof Crafters, Inc. applied a foam roofing system on an apartment building we manage 8 years ago, and still no leaks. We would not hesitate to recommend Roof Crafters, Inc. as a professional and reliable company and we believe in their product.Michael P. Veatch
Valley Realty and Management